Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024: What did the PM say?
Pariksha pe Charcha an Initiative started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to defeat academic and exam stress. He inspected an exhibition at Bharath Mandapam and interacted with students
The sound of drums at a procession nearby is louder says an old man, other family members comfort him with words, opposite to them a thirteen-year-old boy is studying for his exams he has a similar thought in his mind from the day when he entered class six. However whenever he spoke about it his parents and elders disregarded him and called him “lazy”, “worth of nothing”, “useless” etc. This reply has pushed the teenager into his world and now he no longer shares anything with anyone about it.
Months pass the student was still suffering inside him but the elders considered it laziness suddenly one day the student collapsed in his home, and he was taken to the hospital by his parents. The parents and elders who abused him are now praying for his well-being. An hour later the doctor who examined him comes out and says this is due to “severe stress”, which is the product of high expectations.
He continued to say a lot about how to take care of children, how to treat them, what should you tell them and what you should not tell them finally he says the entire responsibility for this catastrophe is your mindset of studies will settle your life. When the Parents heard this they opposed him to the doctor saying Psychologist or Pariksha pe Charcha. The Parents chose the latter option although they were angry with the first option they moved on.
The Parents travelled to the event here they could see only the Pariksha Pe Charcha banners and posters. They sit in the event minutes later PM began his speech some words of his did not impact them but certain words hit them hard and realise their mistakes. The points that hit them hard are
Important points said by PM Modi
- The words of the parents, teachers and relatives can destroy or improve the mental health of the student. Good conversations would lead to solutions for the issues they are facing which must be done instead of destroying their confidence with words that hurt them
- The students-teachers bonding should not be in the form of what it is limited to but should be beyond everything. This means they should be in a position to discuss their problem with the teachers without hesitation.
- A Mobile phone requires charging so does the body healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
- You will become a better version of yourself the more you practice rather than focusing on others. Always Focus on “What YOU are doing, what YOU do, what YOU practice, is what will decide your future.” The person who knows how to swim won’t bother about depth so does a good student with a difficult question paper.
In between the programme, the parents turn their heads to look elsewhere only to see Pariksha Pe Charcha and turn to the stage
- Students should set only small goals and achieve them so that they are prepared before the exams without stress
- Confusion is bad no matter in what form it is, we must be able to analyze it and throw it out of our brains
- Technology should be used for positive things. “Excess of Anything is Poisonous” should always be remembered not just mobile.
- Finally, the Prime Minister requested the Parents to teach their children to be an inspiration to their peers. Also not to sow the seeds of competition.
The Parents then travel back to the hospital and apologise to the kid and say to the doctor how Pariksha pe Charcha helped them open their eyes and heart
If you wish to read our other blogs click here
If you wish to read the blog from a different website click here
1. What is Pariksha Pe Charcha?
It is an initiative launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address exam issues. It was launched in the year 2018.
2. Where and when was the Pariksha Pe Charcha event held?
The event was held on January 29 at the Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi.
3. Who else other than PM Modi was at the event and what did he say?
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan was also at the event and said “I welcome PM Modi. We have to make India a developed India by 2047 and it will be done under your (PM Modi) leadership…Today ‘Pariksha Pe Charcha’ has taken the form of a mass movement…”