Republic Day 2024: How it is celebrated and interesting facts
“Republic Day is celebrated on 26th January every year”. A six-year-old boy reads from his textbook, and his classmates go out of the class to see what is happening in the playground. It is the Preparations for the Republic Day: Cleaning the school, Practising dance, Marchpast, Speech, cultural events etc. It is the first time these children have witnessed these events after attaining little knowledge about the world, which has made them look curiously with eyes and hearts. On the corner of the ground is a group of students practising speech which drew their attention.
The boy is in the world of reading too walks out towards the noise with his classmates, and makes it to the corner of the ground to listen to speech practice. Here they listen to several things about Republic Day their curiosity which comes with their age makes it a memory card. The details they grasp are so accurate. This year India marks 74th Republic Day. After Independence, Dr A. Ambedkar drafted the constitution that was implemented on 26th January 1950 and the Indian National Congress declared Purna Swaraj on 26th January 1930 these are the two reasons why it is celebrated on 26th January.
Listening to this the kids express more curiosity to listen further. The Practice of speech moves to “How the Historic Day is celebrated” in New Delhi
- In New Delhi, the National flag was hoisted by the president Of India at the India Gate
- Grand Parade is conducted in Rajpath New Delhi in the presence of the Indian President and organized by the Ministery of Defence
- Martyrs will be honoured during the event for eg: Those who fought for freedom
- The Prime Minister honours the Martyrs with a garland in Amar Jyothi at the India gate
- After this 21 Gun salute, flag hoisting and national anthem
- Awards are given to soldiers for their bravery including citizens and children who fought for the country in critical situations
- Further Gallantry Award winners salute the president by moving with military jeeps and the display of military power
- March-Past by the army, police etc and the salute acknowledged by India’s President
- Finally Indian Airforce fighter jet flies above the Janpath
This marks the end of the Republic Day celebration
The kids clap in response to the Practice Speech. A few minutes later another student begins to read the Facts about the day.
- The first historic day was celebrated in the year 1950 at Dhyan Chand stadium, which involved 3000 troops and 100 Aircraft
- Indonesian President Sukarno was the chief guest for the first historic day celebration
- Kartavya Path earlier known as Rajpath hosted Republic Day for the first time in 1955 in which Pakistan Governor General Malik Ghulam Muhammad was the chief guest.
- Parade Participants start Practicing in July (The previous year) and by December they start training near Rajpath
- judges decide the “Best Marching Group” based on 200 conditions.
Another round of applause is heard by the kids finally. The Boy then goes to his home in the evening and says the exact speech to his parents, they see him with curiosity and realize seconds later that this is how they were during his age.
If you wish to read our other blogs click here
If you wish to read the blog from another website click here
1. What is the theme of the Republic day 2024?
The theme of the Historic Day 2024 is “India- Mother of Democracy”
2. Which year of Republic Day is 2024 Day?
It is the 76th Republic Day as of 2024
3. Who will be the chief guest on 26 January?
French President Emmanuel Macron is the chief guest on January 26. This is the sixth time a French president as the chief guest
4. Why Republic day is celebrated on January 26?
Dr A. Ambedkar drafted the constitution that was implemented on 26th January 1950 and the Indian National Congress declared Purna Swaraj on 26th January 1930 these are the two reasons why it is celebrated on 26th January.