Tata Coffee to be merged with Tata Consumer Products: Implementation on January 1 Exclusive
Tata Consumer Products Limited (Beverage & Foods) will issue one share for twenty-two shares held in Tata Coffee Limited. His body and mind trembled as he listened to the statement. Realizing nothing was in his hands, he hoped for a better merger. In the merger, Tata Consumer Products Limited will issue 14 shares in exchange for 55 shares held in Tata Coffee Limited. His last hope breaks into pieces with this statement.
Austin started investing in stocks in his teenage years; now that he is in his 20s, he has never come across such a situation as the one that he is facing now, “Getting Less Instead of Equal.”. He went on to file a complaint in consumer court regarding this. Before he was about to complain, a thought hit his mind, and he then came back.
He sat on his verandah the fresh air helped his thoughts flow and he could make a decision on the issuance of shares following the merger and demerger of Tata Coffee Limited (TCL). For a few minutes, his mind did not respond as it was still relaxing from a recent shock on the news of share issuance. After a few minutes, it gradually relaxed and Questioned Austin, so that he could make a perfect decision on the issuance of shares.
The mind began asking questions The first one was,
- In the case of demerger, what business comes under Tata Consumer Products (Food and Beverages) Limited?
- In the case of a merger, what business comes under Tata Consumer Products Limited?
- Why are the changes occurring in the company?
- Which law enforcement agency has approved this?
- When was the proposal made for this?
- How have markets reacted to this?
Austin replies wait, I will answer your questions. His search begins with Google and travels to books, newspapers, Magazines, peers, etc. This takes him into the past, not just months but years too; it also includes losing patience, getting tired, frustrated, giving up, etc. But Austin is a passionate investor. This helps him successfully defeat all those thoughts, and he comes up with the answers.
- The plantation Business of Tata Coffee Limited would be merged into Tata Consumer Products (Food and Beverages) Limited
- In the case of Tata Coffee Limited, keeping in mind its branded coffee business, it has been merged with Tata Consumer Products Limited
- The reshuffling was planned to unlock the efficiencies and unexplored energy of the company
- The National Law Company Tribunal approved Tata Coffee Limited’s merger with Tata Consumer Products Limited, the subsidiary of Tata Consumer Food and Beverages Limited
- The Proposal was made in February 2022
- The markets have reacted positively to this news
Austin, minutes after answering all the questions, finally relaxes. He realizes the business details, which were the reasons for the Board of Directors to make such decisions. In the merger proposal, Tata Coffee Limited (plantation) is merged into Tata Consumer Products (Food and Beverages) Limited. The business of the former has only been merged with Tata Consumer Products (Food and Beverages) Limited but the consumer products are a wide variety like Channa-Dal, salt, premium tea, Ragi-Bites, Cheesy Pasta, etc. This is the reason the number of shares given has decreased, considering the value of a single share.
In the case of a merger, the remaining businesses of the former, other than the plantation, are to be merged with Tata Consumer Products Limited. Considering the vastness of Tata Consumer Products, from real estate to information technology, the board of directors decreased the number of shares owing to its value. Austin finally walks into the path of peace and calmness as clarity hits him.
If you wish to read our other blogs click here
If you wish to read a blog from another website click here
1. When would the merger of Tata Coffee Limited into Tata Food and Beverages Limited come into effect?
The merger would come into effect on January 1, New Year’s Eve.
2. Tata Coffee Limited would be merged with the entity?
Only the plantation business of Tata Coffee Limited would be merged with Tata Consumer Products (Food and Beverages) Limited. For the 22 shares held in Tata Coffee Limited, 1 share of Tata Consumer Products (Food and Beverages) Limited will be issued.
3. The rest of the Tata coffee business would be merged under which entity?
The rest of the Tata coffee business will be merged with Tata Consumer Products Private Limited. 14 shares will be issued for every 55 shares held in Tata Coffee Limited.
4. How have the markets reacted to this?
The markets have received the news positively; for the first time, the market value of Tata Consumer Products Private Limited has crossed 1 lakh crore.
5. What is the difference between Tata Consumer Products Limited and Tata Food and Beverages Limited?
Tata Food and Beverages Limited is a subsidiary of Tata Consumer Products Limited